Thursday, February 28, 2008

there's a grumble in my tummy. no need to worry, though. it's not an emergency grumble.

there are many things i love about my site. i love my black back ground. i love my (slightly)endless array of colors in which to update. i love my little place where i can put my title if i so choose. :: sigh :: my title space.......

another thing i love about my site is being able to receive comments. i love it. as much as i've thoroughly enjoyed my comments in the past almost *always* gotten from people i know, with the occassional little true anonymous person sprouting up here or there. i have never been...................that may be stretching it. since i became the "internet IT girl" for that week (per chris read) i've been overwhelmingly tickled by the quite astounding amount of hate mail and a few here and there hate comments. for example. fiasco dies down a little, so i decide to run a normal update. i receive one comment per little leafdot, whom i actually agree with. i've always said no one ever dies from cancer until they go to the doctor. then BAM!! you've got a brain tumor with three weeks to live. and another from some cyberpussy stating simply: "you should have killed yourself."

i LOVE how this person took the time and effort to read an entire update to tell me that i shouldve killed myself. wow. so astounded. well, you've thoroughly convinced me that I certainly know how to waste time.

oh, please do come back, won't you??

and i thought I got bored on monday afternoons. cripes. apparently this person doesnt get out much either. sorry, buddy. dont worry. i feel ya.

7 Comments:

Blogger leafdot said...

The anonymous comment was not only mean spirited, but that, and the whole "Jane" fiasco, and how it slammed your page, (& also how I found you, so, hey, not knocking it entirely, as I actually dig this blog)--kind of gets to the sadness at the heart of the internet--'r, at least, one of the sadnesses. I'm a big fan of tasteless, even cruel, humor, but the whole, "kill yourself" meme is just... 'cuz they were doing that at Gawker, on the 90 Day Jane page, too. It's pretty fucked. And I watch Maximum Exposure, like, too much. (You know that show? It's terrible, but amazing. It's Faces of Death, but nobody dies. Which is to say, lots of human suffering caught on home video.)

I read somewhere, somebody talking about how, "some people can imagine another person on the other side of their computer screen, and some people can't", and .. I dunno. I wonder if it's not worse than that. Like, we can imagine the other person, we just don't care?

Anyway! This has very little to do with you, your page, of course. ('cept it is how I found it. again.) But! I'd rather make these big, kinda drunk quasi-assertions, than worry about my life and my problems. Which is weird, too.

It's cool that you keep the asshole's comments on your site, though. Many wouldn't.

(Your blog is like, my new favorite place to ramble. I realize you don't need me to do so, might not want me to, and I'll stop if you want. But, it's great fun. So, thanks for the opportunity.)

Friday, February 29, 2008 5:44:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello Jane, now I know you would never kill yourself, seriously. So, I am looking for someone who really needs someone else DEAD. Killer for Hire. Any takers???? 25k and up, depending on how neat you want it. Come see me.

Sunday, March 02, 2008 2:41:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

just wondering...are you 90DayJane?

Monday, March 10, 2008 3:17:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

She's not 90DayJane, but you're about 90DaysLate with this comment.

Tuesday, March 11, 2008 8:14:00 AM  
Blogger Jane Q Doe said...

hey, hey, hey. no need for that. rude.

and no, alas, i am NOT 90 day jane.

Friday, March 14, 2008 6:39:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think you and I both know that telling me I'm rude isn't going to stop me from actually being rude.

You know me far better than that.

Friday, March 14, 2008 10:41:00 AM  
Blogger finished2912 said...

Gee wiz, the world sure is full of morons isn't it. All of those drama groopies sound like they are angry because no one died. Anyway, I am sure it was scary even contemplating cancer and I am glad that you are OK. It is ashame some people had to exacerbate your stress because of their infatuation with the morbid. Have a good 25th year.

Saturday, March 15, 2008 8:59:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home