Saturday, May 05, 2007

i live my life without a care; i dont have time to be politically aware


4 days till the big trip. i'm having good and bad anticipations about it. i'm planning on trying to be the good kid and help pay for most of the gas and food(if we stop) which isnt gonna do my bank account much good. my dad is older and with age comes a certain allowance for overly crotchetiness. course, in reality, that's never stopped him before. so, the majority of the trip will be arguing about how eXtremely hot/cold the car is and too fast/slow the other person is driving and how too quiet i'm being back there. what's wrong?? you upset?? why not?? if you're not upset there's no reason to be that quiet. you dont wanna talk to us?? and so on and so forth.

on the other hand, the only times i ever get to see my parents is once every two months or longer sometimes, which is entirely my fault, and daddy's always propped in his recliner and my mom is swarmed by two of my older much more interesting and talkative sisters. it's hard to get a word in edgewise around that house.

so, i'm just trying to look at this as an opportunity to spend some quality time with my parents while i still have the opportunity. maybe i can actually have a real conversation with my dad. the last time we spoke we actually talked for a while about my car and all the trouble i had out of it. since i rarely even hear him speak at all, it was.........comforting? to hear him go off on a ramble. i say ramble. i told you i got robbed the night my car broke down, right?? i think i did. anyway, he gave me a talk about how being a young small girl never to trust strangers like that. uh, especially at 1 o'clock in the morning at dark gas stations. dumb ass. eh. my point is: it was just oddly comforting to hear my dad just talk nonstop like that for longer than two minutes. it happens so rarely these days. at least around me. every time i go to their house there's five screamin hooligans chasing each other violently inside and out and the most i ever hear out of him is "DONT SLAM THAT DOOR!!!" "YOU DIDNT HEAR ME SAY DONT SLAM THAT DOOR?!?!?" and thats about the extent of it. SO, as long as nobody asks me about politics i really dont see what could go that wrong.

save a freak accident, of course.

wish me luck!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home