Sunday, April 08, 2007

There's A Bee In My Hair; I Hope He Doesn't Sting Me

Of course, the embracing of friends, of taking them to your heart and into rooms of your psyche where others are forbidden to go, can be dangerous. It requires a faith and trust in them which can be hard to give. However open or private a person may be, there is a step to be taken which involves the disclosure of things which you may not want to disclose. While no-one is an open book, there are still pieces of life which everyone keeps to themself, either embarrassed or ashamed by their deeds, choices and thoughts.

    Those grubby, imperfect jewels are kept tight in a locked box within us, where we are unwilling to put them on display. Which is precisely why we are afraid and disappointed by the betrayal of friends; “I allowed you in, only you, to hold you close, and yet you remained unmoved by this rare privilege, this denuding, and turned to expose me”. Just as you can be betrayed by a kiss, you can be betrayed by a hug.

- LondonMark

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

whom hath betrayed my friend Jane? Damn them!!

Friday, April 06, 2007 10:11:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That is quite possibly the most eloquent thing I have ever read in my life.
I may have to steal it.

Saturday, April 07, 2007 5:02:00 PM  
Blogger Jane Q Doe said...

no one hath betrayed me lately. not that i've noticed anyway. you never can tell, though.

it's something i found while surfing years ago and it resurfaced the other day while cleaning out some old email.

feel free to steal away, jail bird!!

:)

Saturday, April 07, 2007 10:23:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home