Saturday, October 18, 2008

you're as cool as the other side of my pillow to me

good news this week. i recently found out i do NOT have cancer. happy?? i knew you would be. i had my yearly woman ritual about a month ago and my nurse emailed me like crazy until i was finally able to get back in touch with her. as it turns out, i have abnormal cells growing on my cervix. eeeeeeeewwwwwwwwwwwwww. they recommended they be allowed to take a slightly closer look. a slightly closer look entailed tiny scissors to rip off part of my cervix and a tiny landmine looking device attached to a 6 foot long stick shoved up naughty bits to poke a hole through my cervix to get cells from the INSIDE of my uterus. it was EXCRUTIATING. but, whatever the case, my biopsy came back cancer negative. WOO HOO!! the only thing that will change for me will be the fact that my "yearly" will now be my "biyearly" so they can keep track of said cells and pray they dont turn into anything worse.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home