Thursday, August 11, 2005

i almost forgot

i'm ashamed of myself. 22 years ago today crystal eloise dison was born. this was my best friend from kindergarten up until the 5th grade. just for drama: on friday, october 29th we were at school and i dont remember exactly what happened, but our whole class was in the old gym(because our school has two, the old one where brad graduated, and the new one where i graduated) anywho, something had happened which hurt her feelings bladdy bladdy blah, we ten year olds were so emotional, and she said to me "just leave me alone". that was the last time i saw her face to face. that'll do for the drama part, i think. halloween was gonna be on sunday that year and as we all know, you cant trick-or-treat on a sunday so the town moved it to saturday night. she called me friday night and BEGGED me to ask my mom to let her go with us. i told her i really didnt think mom would say yes, so i never asked. she got mad and hung up on me. so, saturday rolls around, i trick-or-treat with a lady from church and her kids, we go uptown saline and there are lights and sirens everywhere. my fifth grade teacher at the time comes up to the car and talks to the lady i was with, "yeah, some girl named crystal dison, or something like that just got hit by a car or something" which, in a bigger town might not seem like much, we had less than 20 people in our class, she knew crystal very, very well. our town is TINY. anywho, so i went home, took a bath, got out, and my parents were waiting at the table for me to tell me that crystal had been killed by a drunk driver. so, i went hysterical and my mom rocked me to sleep while my dad talked about me in the third person saying repeatedly in shock "i just cant believe she took it this hard" real shocker there. went to the funeral home the next night, got flooded with tons of people i really didnt know, and i did not appreciate that. people, dont do that to kids, they dont like it. trust me. i remember her head being really swollen and bruised. theres a mental picture i'll always treasure. (not really) umm, so, that was when i went from the loudest most obnoxious child probably in existance, to the quiet, afraid, paranoid, over-analyzing person i was a year and a half ago. adult life has since further ruined me. but just for the record, to anyone who knows me, i really was a fairly normal child. you know, that whole dead best friend thing, just kinda fucked me up. happy birthday, crystal.

now, the reason i originally got on today does anyone have a hamster or a gerbil they're trying to get rid of because i've decided to get my neice one for her birthday and i'd rather see if anyone has something they dont want before i go to a pet store. lemme know...
janeqdoe42@yahoo.com

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's the best thing I could have gotten on here to read. I appreciate your honesty in telling that story. I think your dad is a jerk with his head up his ass and I'm sorry your best friend died in such a horrible way. Or in any way for that matter. I think I will be depressed and maybe cry now, but thanks for the raw emotion. Yes, I actually read your blog for once, only because it was in the history because apparently Paul read it today earlier so I had to see what was interesting. Turns out it was interesting. Not that I would have heard about it from him anyway. See, I'm being emotional already. Well let me go do that somewhere else.

Saturday, August 13, 2005 10:55:00 PM  
Blogger Jane Q Doe said...

eh, i'm an oozing blob of bad emotions all the time. s'ok.

and yeah, they're cousins. do you know charles or kirby by chance?? they're her older brothers. they grew up in saline, too.

Monday, August 15, 2005 1:20:00 PM  
Blogger Crazy B said...

Enough of the sadness. We all get sad from time to time. It sucks. It's like..... oh shit. I just got emotional too. See what you people are doin' to me. I can't.... think.... right. Gotta blow my nose. Damn it. Keep their memory with you and they'll always be with you. Miss you mom....B

Monday, August 15, 2005 2:08:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I doubt you ever get on here anymore but my name is Cassie. Crystal's oldest brother Kirby is my Uncle. We never really knew what to call eachother so we just said Cousin's/ Best Friends. I hate that her death has messed with you like this. I have screamed and cried more times than I can count. Because of this I have been involved with MADD and SADD for as long as they would have let me. Since I was 14 or so. I speak to DUI offenders every month telling her story and reminding them of the devistation that it causes. I am glad that I googled her name today on her Birthday. I will speak tonight about this. I hope that you do not mind. Please contact me if you would like to come and sit in on one of the sessions. I am not sure how much of the story that you know. I would love to see what you know and compare stories about her. I love her just as much today as I did then. Like you I claim her as my best friend as well. She was an amazing girl with so much love to share. My life is so diffenet than it could of been just because she was a part of it. My email address is cassie_cassario@yahoo.com

Thursday, August 11, 2011 11:45:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home