Thursday, November 30, 2006

who said you could open your mother fuckin' eyes???? HUH???

this is an email i sent to my sister the other day:

Hello!!

How was your thanksgiving?? Yeah, I know. Mine was boring, too. Not really. I went to mom and dads house and ate cajun turkey and a lot of other yummibles. Actually, the turkey I could've done without, but he died so that I could eat. So, I ate and was thankful.

I spent the night with (older sister) that night and got to spend some time with (thing 1 and thing 2), something I hardly ever do. I found out that (thing 1) seems to have a very hard time with her basic abcs, so we spent all morning long reading books. I'd stop at least once a page and make her sound out at least one or two words. Recognizing each individual letter, what sound it makes, then cramming it all together. She seemed pretty pleased with herself after 2 or 3 books. She got very excited if it was the same word from a previous page that she'd already recognized. (thing 2)'s favorite was the Oscar the grouch golden book. You know where he gets mad because you're reading his book and he wants you to go away so he tries to convince you to close your eyes so you cant see anything. Then on the next page he says "hey! Who told you you could open your eyes?!?!?" (thing 2) would squeal and giggle (AGAIN!! AGAIN!! AGAIN!!)every time we got to the next page and snatch the pages back. I probably read that part of the book at least 10 to 15 times. It was very cool.

I called (apartment 1) apartments the other day. As it turns out, you have to put down one of your kidneys and your appendix to even get started. Which I still might, because I don’t really "need two kidneys" and lord knows I don’t eat enough raw meat to justify owning an appendix at my age. But we'll see. A guy at work gave me two numbers of some places on his street and I called on them today. One was very adamant about not having any pets, because they'd just put down new carpet and had no fence and were old and crotchety. The OTHER place I called is a duplex. Sorta. It is a duplex but it's set up more like an efficiency in that it is very small. Its got a separate dining room and kitchen area, and then the living/bedroom area is in the back. They're wanting 375 for it, compared to 340 for (apartment 1), BUT this place is only one road over as opposed to (apartment 1) which is downtown Shreveport and I work in Bossier. AND I asked the lady about my cat and she said "OH, we just LOVE cats. I don’t think my husband would charge a deposit for that. I mean, what can a cat really tear up??" little does she know. But that's cool. I can work with that. They're gonna be out of town next week, so I'm gonna go look at it the week after that. Sooo, I'm really hoping this'll work out. Its in a quiet neighborhood and the lady seemed Very friendly. So, we'll see, I guess.

Didn’t mean to be so long winded. I'm sure your eyes are probably bleeding by now from having to read all this, so I'll jump offa here and let you get back to your regularly scheduled life. Talk to you later…

Love,
Jane

and that pretty much sums up my life recently...i think.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I wonder, are they so nice because they are the Bates's or are they relly nice?
Before they kill you can we come over and have a really kickass party??
Hehee
Luap

Thursday, November 30, 2006 4:12:00 PM  
Blogger Jane Q Doe said...

well, by "kickass" and "party", if you mean "drinking" and "quiet people" and as long we understand that "janey" will be the "host", then "sure". let's "rock out".

Thursday, November 30, 2006 6:23:00 PM  
Blogger Crazy B said...

such a potty mouth

Wednesday, December 06, 2006 7:20:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home